Kapex saws

Hermance Machine Co in Williamsport, PA has a brand new Rockler Store and it is stocked full of the new Kapex saws. They won't sell these saws until their official introduction bt Festool but you can reserve one now.

Reply to
JSTROUSE

The local Woodcraft was selling them on May 30th. They had 8 IIRC and did their best to get me to take one with me along with the Festool Sander that I did buy,

Reply to
Leon

The more I read about that damned saw, the more I want one.

"be strong, Rob... be strong!"

Reply to
Robatoy

The more I read about that damned saw, the more I want one.

"be strong, Rob... be strong!"

They are easy to carry... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I got to touch one today here at the Atlanta (Roswell) Rockler. Very nice saw.. The coolest parts (to me) were the 90% no sawdust and the lock-at-90, but still go 45.. or 47, if needed.

Again, very nice saw, but heart-attack prices. ($1300? Woah!)

Instead I'll buy two or 3 more dewalts. My existing 705 I'll set at 90, one new one at 45 left, another at 45 right, and the third new one to "set to whatever."

Have 'em all lined up in a nice little row too. Call it the 'wall of saws'. :)

Ah, it's nice to dream...

Jason Buckler Marietta, GA

Reply to
Jason

Addendum to my comments about Woodcraft and the Kapex. The local Woodcraft did in deed try to sell me one last month, but unsuccessfully. While in the store again on Thursday they indicated that they were selling the new saws but you could not take delivery until July 1. So far they have sold 1 of the 8 on hand. I suspect that once you can actually walk out with the item you paid $1300 for, the sales will pick up. I guess if you actually paid for one now you could go back and visit with it during visiting hours until it can be released. I wonder if you will be required to have a baby seat in the car before you can leave with it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I surrender. I am buying one. Those bastards!!

Reply to
Robatoy

I surrender. I am buying one. Those bastards!!

Can't have it till July 1. ;~)

Boy if only that new special table make for it was included in the price..

Reply to
Leon

Table??? What table? Where? What? Where?

Reply to
Robatoy

Oh, THAT table... meh... doesn't gimme the 'wants'...

Reply to
Robatoy