Just a summer drive

Not a great thought or anything, just a peaceful moment in the middle of the Northern VA madness. Picked Rik up and we went for a drive out toward Leesburg. No Hiway, just surface roads. Takes a bit longer, but the windows were down and the sun was out. Stopped at the local sawmill and picked up a 4X6 8' long of Poplar. Air dried, nothin' fancy, $7.70 +tax. Might not be the best price in the world, but we got to walk the woodpiles and look at the walnut and cherry, watched the big trucks. I figure I've got enough there to make 4 Mallets for my froes and cook a few dinners. Not a bad way to spend $8 and a few hours with a friend. Simple thoughts and feelings is all. Quiet. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

Dave,

Where is that mill?

Steve P.

Reply to
Steven P

Off Cochram Mill Rd at Rt 7. Past Lucky stone, on the left. It's called Riverbend Sawmill. Where are you coming from? Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave in fairfax

From all over that area. I live in Harpers Ferry, used to live in Ashburn, work at Dulles, play golf at Goose Creek sometimes. I will have to stop in just to take a look see. Where in Fairfax are you?

Steve P.

Reply to
StevenP

The mill is next to the golf course, almost, next street up I think. I'm between Burke and Fairfax, in the county not the city, near Braddock and Guinea Rds.

Dave in Fairfax (sorta)

Reply to
dave in fairfax