Johnsons Paste Wax Is Still Available in the US

It is a common misconception that Johnson's Paste Wax is discontinued.

ONLY in some stores.

If your local store no longer carries it you can buy it direct from SCJohnson here

Leon

I got mine last year at either HD or Lowes.

Reply to
Dave W

This is more in response to a comment that it was no longer available in another post. I do know that it is not as widely available any more in some areas and that some people cannot find it. I saw it last week at Lowe's.

Reply to
Leon

praise of it in this ng, nice price. I used it to double coat my plane blades, but with a lot of handling with sweaty hands while sharpening, it becomes tacky and seems to loosen off. I wonder if there is such a polishing wax that does not do that...?

Reply to
AAvK

You know that TopCote that is always mentioned? ;~) I use it on my hand tools, cast iron surfaces, any thing that needs a bit of a slippery surface or light lubrication. I use it on the gears under my TS.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:56:28 GMT, "Leon" scribbled:

And in Canada. :-(

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Yep! Not the place for paste wax or a big gob of grease.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Did they Ban it? I recalled it being banned, but not where.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I have found it recently in my local Ace hardware store.

Reply to
Dave W