Wax the shower?

Curious if anyone actually waxes their shower?

And does it really help keep it clean.... i.e. scum wont stick to it?

If yes..... what is best wax to use?

Carnuba car wax OK?

Reply to
me6

What kinds of shower? I just mist the shower after each use.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I think mine is a fiberglass insert

Reply to
me6

Oh. You had me worried. I was picturing ceramic tile!

Reply to
Vox Humana

You thought I was gonna wax the floor you stand on? Is that what you mean?

I only was asking abt waxing the vertical surfaces only to keep them clean and good looking

I would not wax anything I stand on and create a fall hazard.

Reply to
me6

No. My entire shower is ceramic tile.

Reply to
Vox Humana

And you cant wax ceramic tile?

Im obviously missing your point.

Reply to
me6

I wouldn't, but you can wax anything. I guess you have to ask if you are solving a problem with the wax or introducing another problem. I think that rubbing wax into grout will eventually cause a nasty mess. There are sealer that are designed for grout. Ceramic tile is already glazed, so the wax would be of no additional benefit.

I would contact the manufacturer of the shower and see what they think. As I said, I just use a daily shower mist.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I use a product that you spray on the walls of the shower whatever they are after every use. It helps the water droplets sheet and keeps the shower very clean. I don't get soap scum any more. My son at college has to use it in the dorm shower (the product is supplied by the school) and it even keeps those showers clean if you can imagine it. I'm afraid I wouldn't wax any area in my shower. It just doesn't sound safe.

Boca Jan

Reply to
Boca Jan

Here are some comments on the subject over at the garden web:

Here is some information on the subject from Kohler: Cleaning Your Shower Module Wipe out after each use with a soft cloth or squeegee. Use only a mild detergent (such as dishwashing soap). Do not use abrasive cleaners. Avoid detergents, disinfectants, or cleaning products in aerosol cans. If the surface becomes excessively dirty, use a general purpose cleaner such as Gel Gloss® (bath and shower only), Scrub Free® Mildew Stain Remover, Formula 409® All Purpose Cleaner, Mr. Clean Lemon Fresh, Cinch®, Glass Plus®, or Fantastic® All Purpose.

NOTE: To restore dull or scratched shower surfaces: Apply white automotive polishing compound with a clean rag. Rub scratches and dull areas vigorously. Wipe off residue. Follow with a coat of white automotive paste wax. Do not wax areas where you walk or stand

Vox Humana

What is the product name?

Reply to
me6

Lysol Mist Away Daily Shower Cleaner. Even the shower door stays sparkling clean with no water marks. You must start with a clean shower or it takes 2 weeks to remove the scum by using this product. It is not a once a week cleaner, but a daily after shower cleaner.

Works great

Boca Jan

Reply to
Boca Jan