Jet & Canwood?

Is Jet equipment the same as Canwood that is sold through House of Tools in Canada? Regards. -Guy

Reply to
Guy LaRochelle

Both try to copy Delta tools. Canwood is exclusive to HOT as far as I know. I have never seen them advertised or on sale anywhere else.

At least Jet has an established sales and service network. HOT is not high on my list of places to buy tools. .

Personally, I wouldn't buy either and would look at Delta or General.

Reply to
geek

Reply to
JGS

Guy. They do appear similar. Perhaps they come from similar suppliers in Taiwan. I've been told that the fit and finish of Canwood tools is not up to JET's standards. Pretty good for a store brand, but not as good as the "name brands". I remain hopeful that House of Tools will open an outlet in Winnipeg, so I can see for myself.

Rob

--------------------------

"Guy LaRochelle" asked ...

Reply to
Specter

I have both JET and Delta - here's a deal - you keep the Delta and I'll keep the JET. My JET equipment gives me no problems - each piece of Delta that I own has been back to the repair shop (except the drill press). The JET equipment has better features, finish, bearings and motors. I'm slowly replacing all Delta with something else - don't have much left now. BTW - DeWalt's in the same boat.

John

geek wrote:

Reply to
John848

Interesting question. I have a Canwood 6" jointer. The table setup is exactly the same as the General International. "Exactly the same." Only difference was the motor. I have had no problems as of yet with this device. Machining tolerances are decent. I make the assumption that a few of these tools are machined in the same shop in China. I think that the grizzly tools may also be made by the same company...

John V

Reply to
JohnV