JessEm mortiser report

Got the mortiser today. Set up is quick, the process of drilling a half-doz en holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a minut e or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends of t he mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mortis e was a tad too tight.

Still need to try aligning with the mating board, but it seems this will be OK for light duty. It certainly isn't a Domino, but at less than 10% of t he Festool price I think it's a good solution for my needs.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a minute or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends of the mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mortise was a tad too tight.

Do they have an RCH setting? If not, tell JessEm. ;) (OR, you could drill and tap one end, then install a fine-threaded adjustment screw to get your RCH worth of movement.)

for light duty. It certainly isn't a Domino, but at less than 10% of the Festool price I think it's a good solution for my needs.

You betcha. Great minds think alike, Larry. Carry on!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

dozen holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a mi nute or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will need to tweak the settings to get it where I want it. Out of the box it was a tad loose on the ends o f the mortise (or the tenons were a tad short :-)). Tweaked it and the mor tise was a tad too tight.

I'll bite ... what is RCH? If you mean left-right micro adjustment, the an swer is yes.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

"Gramp's shop" wrote in news:fa796da7-c0fc-4653-9d93- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Red C**t Hair, in other words, a very very small distance.

Reply to
Doug Miller

answer is yes.

OK ... you got me. LOL.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

answer is yes.

Yes, an Irish micro-adjustment measurement.

Reply to
Larry Jaques