Jack Plane blade sharpening

I'm wondering if I should leave the blade of my new Veritas 5 1/4 jack plane square, or if I should camber it, like a smoother? Any thoughts?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Camber it about 1/32"... more than a smoother (1/64") but less than a scrub (1/16") if you are using it to prepare rough stock. Less so (1/64") if you are basically using it as a jointer/smoother...

Might be in the subscriber section:

John Grossbohlin

I watched the videos and ending up buying a rabbit plane off Ebay. I think it will come in really handy.

S.

Reply to
samson