installing glass

Hi, About 15 or so years ago I made a cabinet for a friend. The glass was broken when moving to another house. I took it home to repair it today and when taking the broken glass out it looked as if I had used some kind of sealer between the glass and frame. I don't remember doing this but it's been a long time and memory fails me. Any one have an idea what is used for this? Thanks for any input...Mac

Reply to
Mac

Clear silicone caulk works well IF it will not be used on a mirror.

Reply to
Leon

"Window caulking", maybe? To make a water-tight seal.

Or maybe you didn't want the glass to rattle.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Hi Mac,

Probably silicone. I just made a pair of oak doors with glass "panels" for a kitchen cabinet. I hate it when glass rattles in the door, so I ran a thin bead of silicone around the edge of the glass. Then I covered that with some stained oak strips so that it looks nicely finished when the door is open.

Lou

Reply to
loutent