Mini Hobby Lathe???

Hello all

I am in the market for a mini hobby lathe, any suggestions? Has anyone bought a lathe from Harbor Freight? Need some help, Thanks in advance- Wanting to make small things like pens and dont have the money for the high dollar lathes.

Reply to
Gregg

The Jet Midi lathe is pretty hard to beat IMO. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Save your pennies and buy the JET!! You won't be sorry

wood addict

Reply to
wood addict

best info is on news://rec.crafts.woodturning

Gregg wrote:

Reply to
Will

Tue, Feb 15, 2005, 8:40pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@alemy.net (Gregg) asks: Has anyone bought a lathe from Harbor Freight?

Yep. Probably hundreds of people. I got mine several years ago. It's 37" between centers, I wouldn't have a mini. I figure mine can do anything a mini can, plus turn a baseball bat, if I want one. I'm quite happy with mine, it's on a shopmade stand. Ran me around $125 I believe.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T