INSPIRATION - EGG CHAIR

The first one looks like no problem to make one about like it, if you make the back flat. The rest, probably a BIG lathe would help, turn a BIG wooden egg, then cut it in half, and hollow it out. No prob.

JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for.

- Sir John Lubbock

Reply to
J T

Joat, A thought. How about when you come up with a series of links rather than publish each in an individual thread, create a thread JOAT INSPIRATIONS. Then each time add a subthread to that with the title and info in that link.

i.e. JOAT INSPIRATIONS EGG CHAIR Heart Saped Display stand............

You have Inspirations in bursts, so each time you have a new burst, start a new JOAT INSPIRATIONS thread with subthreads.

Phil

J T wrote:

Reply to
Phil

Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 4:28pm (EDT-1) pminmo snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Phil) whispers: Joat, =A0=A0A thought. How about when you come up with a series of links rather than publish each in an individual thread,

ROTFLMAO

Think again. Then check the archives.

By the way, it's JOAT, not Joat. It's an acronym, not a name.

Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want.

- Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work.

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 4:28pm (EDT-1) pminmo snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Phil) says: INSPIRATIONS. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Heart Saped Display stand

Oops, almost missed that one, saw it just as I punched the button.

The Heart Shaped Display Stand post was not an inspiration, it was a link to plans.

Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want.

- Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work.

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Well, I'll still mentally pronounce it as "jote", the (old) goat wrote a note versus "jay-oh-ay-tee." ;)

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 10:53pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@easystreet.com (Fly-by-Night=A0CC) says: Well, I'll still mentally pronounce it as "jote", the (old) goat wrote a note versus "jay-oh-ay-tee." ;)

Pronunciation is open to interpretation. The grand-dau pronounces it "Grandpa". LMAO

Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want.

- Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work.

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:45:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Then buy yourself a new lathe with the price you get for the chair!

Reply to
Old Nick

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:53:01 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC calmly ranted:

Ditto for "fack" (FAQ), you alliterative Oregonian, you.

-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

Comprehensive Website Development ============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sat, Jul 10, 2004, 3:12pm (EDT+12) snipped-for-privacy@dodo.com.au (Old=A0Nick) says: Then buy yourself a new lathe with the price you get for the chair!

Hardly. I post stuff like that to inspire the rest of you , not me. I wouldn't make anything like that myself. LOL

But, I figure something like that'd be pretty easy to make out of wood, if you just made the back flat, and either have a brad nailer, and aren't afraid to use it, or lots of clamps.

Anyway, if I had the space, and wanted a lathe (or two), I'd be thinking on making my own. I've got a wire welder, somewhere, a stick welder, at least two axles lying around, frame parts, transmission or two, etc. Plenty of raw material.

Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want.

- Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work.

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

I guess that goes equally for swimbo, AyFayque and earrk, you vocabularious Grass Pantsitonian.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC