Observation

I have observed, that if you were to gather ten people from rec.woodworking, to have them pull something for you, the following would occur, as soon as you shout, "Pull":

Four would pull. Four would push. And, two would say, "Pardon?".

JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for.

- Sir John Lubbock

Reply to
J T

LMAO. goodun JOAT. and if you asked 11 of em the eleventh one would correct your punctuation!

skeeez

Reply to
skeezics

How many of your toes did you use to make this observation?

Reply to
John

Reply to
BobS

and what would the other two do? j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
Mark L.

I observed you didn't put "OT" in the subject line.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

That's "good ONE".

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

It's called teamwork. We're talking about heavy woodworking machines right? Not enough room for eight of them to pull at the same time. So four pull, four push, the first pardon person goes and gets the beer and the second pardon person goes and gets the food. Sounds just about right to me.

Reply to
Upscale

And twenty seven would walk through the door and begin criticizing things unrelated to what you are doing.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

... and you would have 11 opinions on unrelated political issues.

Reply to
Swingman

Does anyone have any plans for this push-pull-pardon thing I saw discussed? I'm thinking of building one.

Thanks

Reply to
Rudy Lang

Yes! There are pictures of it over at alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.smarta**es.

Reply to
RonB

one would get out a dial indicator to make sure it was moved the right amount...

Reply to
bridger

Ask JOAT. If anybody's got them, it'd be him.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You forgot about the one who *completely* mis-understood the request -- and when you shouted "pull", immediately tossed two clay pigeons into the air.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

...and the twelfth would ask about splitting the group into rec.woodworking.pull and rec.woodworking.push .....

Reply to
Robin Lee

Absolutely! 8^)

Barry