Ideas to create round on slender profile

I am going to make a slender (1 inch wide, 3/4 inch thick) frame for a clock. I have a couple of ineloquent ways to make the 1 inch round, but I am surprised at how tough this seems to be on the surface. I would like to do it on the router table, but I would like to use the bottom (flat) surface for reference. I would have to have an overhead router or a multi-router for that (I think). Maybe some of you can shake this out for me. Here is the sketch showing the round cross section.

anyone?

Reply to
eganders

(turn it 90-degrees)

Reply to
Robatoy

Only the standard ones. You bullnose and rip. May require a bit of extra thickness on the outfeed to support it properly, but 3M 77 and paper's cheap, if you don't want to use your jointer. If you don't have a bullnose, quarter round twice.

Overhead router still spins the bit vertically. No real gain. You'd need a horizontal router....

Reply to
George

a 'hands on' kind of hobby, eh? I could get all wound up over that. The key is to have the time? On the face of it, that hobby could drive me cuckoo.

..somebody stop me...

Reply to
Robatoy

bullnose router bit:

pictures should give you a couple of ideas to do it safely in a wider piece, then ripping to dimension.

Reply to
Swingman

You'll eventually run down ...

Reply to
Swingman

Way too many hours free time here. You need a hobby. Try woodworking.

P.S. the rout first, cut last on a wide board is of course the right approach.

Reply to
Guess who

The Swingman entity posted thusly:

Someone give him an escapement, or he'll just keep tocking and tocking and ...

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Reply to
Robatoy

I was all geared up to say *precisely* the same thing, but stopped when I saw your post. Since, I've only been right on it about twice a day.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root