I need to make a chisel plane

I have a router bit that does door faces, contemporary I need to clean it up to remove scallops.. thought about sanding but would rather start with a plane.

I don't have a plane with a 1.25 width.

I am thinking of making a chisel plane, a rabbeting plane to get to the edges. I think I want bevel down, but the problem is that my chisels all taper, and are beveled.

Am I better of setting the back and doing a bevel up? Any one else make a chisel plane. Looking to do this quickly to finish the faces.. I only did a test cut for now. Trying different styles of door/drawer faces.

Reply to
woodchucker

Huh? I would just buy something from Festool that makes lots of noise and dust and stuff. Should fix you right up for just a few hun.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I tried to make a chisel plane once, but I couldn't get it to fly. :-)

Reply to
willshak

must have been the low aspect ratio wing, and high weight.

Reply to
woodchucker

Jim Weisgram