I need help finding a round piece of wood

Hello, i am looking for a piece of wood it needs to be 7 to 8 inches in diameter and 2 to 3 inches thick and the inside needs to be hollow. basically it needs to look like a ring, the measurement from inside to outside needs to be 1 inch any ideas, i don't have the tools necessary to do this i also need the inside to have a 1/4 inch lip around it on both sides to put glass in. but i do not want a chunk of a tree it is going to be a light when i am done if you can help or make this please let me know with a price please

Reply to
GARAGE OWL

Garage Owl wrote:>Hello, i am looking for a piece of wood it needs to be 7 to 8 inches in

Okay, lemme get this straight, 7-8 inches in diameter AND 2-3 inches thick. Hmmmph. You're a curiosity. And I can't even spell "mortice". I'll do it for

200 dollars, and I'll throw in the glass. Make the obvious change in the e-mail address. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
Reply to
Tom

And you pay the postage Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Does it have to be made from one solid piece of wood or can it be cut from pieces that have been glued together to make the block to start out with? What kind of wood? The material can run from about $6 to over $20. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Tom spake thustly to the wRECk

"Okay, lemme get this straight, 7-8 inches in diameter AND 2-3 inches = thick. Hmmmph. You're a curiosity. And I can't even spell "mortice". I'll do it = for

200 dollars, and I'll throw in the glass. Make the obvious change in the = e-mail address. Tom=20 Someday, it'll all be over...."

I outbid Tom I will do it for $210 plus shipping Puff

necessary

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Garage Owl wrote:>but i do not want a chunk of a tree it is

And Puff Griffis wrote:I outbid Tom I will do it for $210 plus shipping. Puff. And what is wood, but a chunk of a tree? $215, plus postage.Glass tossed in. I _love_ Capitalism. Tom (No affiliation whatsoever with Puff Griffis!) Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Ignore these folks....I can tell you want the best...I will do it for $2200.00 plus shipping. Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Ha! I'll make it for $2500, _including_ shipping. I'm a hobbiest, though, so I won't promise a delivery date. I accept paypal, don't worry.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave wrote:>Ha! I'll make it for $2500, _including_ shipping. I'm a hobbiest,

Man, I can't compete with that. Looks like Dave's your woodorker, Garage Owl! Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom