I have a craftsman radial arm saw and I can not get the blade to move up and down the arm. It is frozen. How do I get it un frozen ???

replying to Bob Burke, The Fixer wrote: There is a set screw on the carriage (with a knob for ease of use) which locks the carriage in place for ripping. Are you sure that it's not tightened down? That's the only thing that I can imagine would cause the symptom you describe other than obvious physical damage to the arm/carriage or a ton of rust - either of which should be obvious to the casual observer.

Reply to
The Fixer

replying to Bob Burke, Percy wrote: I had the same issue some time ago. I started dismantling the saw and found a knob I had tightened thinking I should. The knob is on the saw. Loosen it up and I believe that will solve your saw issue.

Reply to
Percy