How to remove the coating from a new router bit?

ROTFLMAO You're so silly. You need to learn to think for yourself, like the rest of us do. Or, just stop trolling. You big silly, you.

Be kind JOAT... at least ask him nicely to think for himself. Say "please" or something. Some people do have feelings ya know...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Yes, unless its a "Vermont America" bit in which case removing the coating voids the warranty.

Reply to
Nova

Reading this immediately following the post that said: : :I just slit it with my knife and peel it off.

kinda makes me cringe!!

Reply to
alexy

Who are you kidding? A VA warranty doesn't extend past the cash register.

I was in Home Depot looking for a 5mm tap tonight. They didn't even have a VA tap. Now that's sad.

Fortunately for me, there's a Production Tool close enough to walk to ... which is precisely what I intend to do tomorrow afternoon.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hmmm ... apparently you were serious. The stuff will peel off with just your fingernails ... no risk of harming either a $70 bit or a $5 one. It's just a type of wax. Or you really could just run the bit and, if it didn't fly off on its own, make a sample cut into a piece of wood. Wear eye protection whenever running the router and especially when using the above method for peeling off the protective wax.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Mon, Oct 30, 2006, 12:40pm snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net (Mike=A0Marlow) doth lament: Be kind JOAT... at least ask him nicely to think for himself. Say "please" or something. Some people do have feelings ya know..

Hmm. You mean something like, "Please don't be so stupid."? Or, "Please don't be such a dorky little troll."? I'll work on it - or something..

JOAT If it can't kill you, it ain't a sport.

Reply to
J T

Tue, Oct 31, 2006, 7:17am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@line.net (Bill) doth confess: I was in Home Depot

Now that's sad.