Hot rod table saw

Thanks! It wasn't that difficult. The big pieces turned out to be standard sizes and shapes from the metal supplier. I cut everything with a hand hacksaw, (except for the 1/2" plate - I got some power assist for that) smoothed the cuts with files, then had a local shop do the welding. Paint was good ol' Rustoleum. It's well within reach of anyone who wants to save some $$$s.

The biggest challenge actually was getting all the dimensions and the design. That's why I thought posting my drawings might be useful to others...

Reply to
JeffB

Think like a man - we never do anything half way.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:5aa65$44539fdb$471fb8d3$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

Is that what the Delta Unsaw is for? Damn, got to get one. Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

todd wrote: : factor of at least 1.0 and would have been totally enclosed, which would : have kept out dust. I'd be really reluctant about putting a non-TEFC motor : into a table saw. Hope it works out.

Aren't most Delta motors open? One reason I prefer Jet, whose motors are all TEFC.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

The ones on contractor saws are. They've been putting them on hundreds of thousands of saws for years so it must not be the problem you perceive.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Full speed will work, but be sure to keep the door open as the DC must also be run backwards at the same time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

See? I told you guys that Ed would know...

Reply to
Ba r r y

Depends on the _size_ of the mistake, obviously.

For minor tasks, you can get away with a few hundred epairs er inute.

For the errors *you* make, on the other hand,.......

Reply to
Robert Bonomi