Hinges - comments solicited

I'm gonna try something new (I think) and order either the Ferrari or Hettich hinges from (probably) CSHardware.

But, if anyone has any personal experiences regarding either/both of these, I'd appreciate you sharing them.

I've always used Grass or Blum, and never heard of these until recently. Seems like the Hettich slides (pointed out by one of the guys here - Swingman?) are pretty good, but how 'bout the hinges?

(Looks like the "little-bit-more" I need to buy for the kitchen is gonna run me a grand if things keep going the way they are.

*&@#^%*&!!!)

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata

Wait until you start pricing door and drawer pulls.

Reply to
Leon

Oh yeah - been there done that. The ones I like are alway more than

10 bucks. Some are 20+. But, I've decided to try to make 'em out of walnut. If it turns out feasible, and if I don't lose my mind making ~55 pulls then I can "save" myself some $ (at the cost of time - but achieve customization). One idea lends itself toward a partial "production line" method; other idea (so far) means hand making each one separately.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Try a search on e-bay for drawer+pulls.

I found some stuff I used.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The last kitchen re-do that I did for a customer involved him picking out a pull that ended up costing him almost $700 for the pulls. I was not involved other than installing the pulls. I don't include the pulls in my quotes.

About 20 years ago I built an Oak and Walnut panel desk and I made the bulls out of Oak. I started with a triangular blank and cut the top pointed end of the triangle off and ended up with a flat top with two tapered sides. I routed a "stopped" slot on the bottom side and then cut the piece into two pieces. This gave me two pulls and the routed slot was the finger catch. I initially made one long blank and cut it into the desired lengths. IIRC they went pretty quickly.

Reply to
Leon

Thanx for sharing!

Renata