Greene & Greene Lamps design

I am building a pair of small lanterns for my living room and am basing them on the lamps I have seen in some pictures of the Gamble House and Thorsen House. Though I am not trying to build reproductions, I would love to see some more detailed photos or even measured drawings. The particular lamps I am looking for are the small hanging lamps next to the fireplace in the Gamble House living rooms and the wall sconces in the Thorsen House living room. Does anyone know if details on these pieces are available?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard

Not sure if this is any better than what you have already seen:

Locutus

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

mike

scratches a vague, mysterious itch.

Philosophical question/observation:

How does one go from spending the best part of 63 years more interested in exploring as much of the subtleties of feminine roundness as possible, to somehow not being able to get enough of just looking at the somehow squared roundness of the styles of the G&G's, Stickley's' Morris', et al?

My magazine budget, the likes of "American Bungalow", has grown with age

What tricks mother nature plays ... it boggles a puzzled mind.

Reply to
Swingman

I have begun to ponder similar such issues. I keep arriving at the same conclusion (couldn't I possibly be wrong?): aging prostate and lowered testosterone levels. Is there an opportunity here for some related stem cell research?

Reply to
New Wave Dave

Consider John Hamm's glass for your sconces -- his work graces the gorgeous reproduction stained glass in the R.R. Blacker House.

John L. Poole

You make getting older sound like so much fun

Reply to
George Max

Did I mention the chronic pain in both shoulders?

Reply to
New Wave Dave

On Nov 21, 3:00 pm, "Locutus" wrote: [snipped for brevity]

simply stunning.

Anybody wanna buy my tools?

*sigh* That raised the bar a notch.....
Reply to
Robatoy

Wonderful. Something to look forward to. I can't wait. :(

Reply to
George Max

Scenario: At some point in your mid to late 40's, give or take a couple of years, you realize you've been feeling bad and perhaps have some aches/pains in strategic locations that start you worrying something is really wrong. After following various medical paths with no clear cut results, what finally dawns on you (and it might take a couple of years for the realization to sink in) is that there is really nothing wrong except you're getting old and the downhill s(l)ide of life has arrived.

If you haven't got there yet, just hang on ...

Reply to
Swingman

After these, follow the bouncing ball... and find your way around all of the projects Greene & Greene ever built/designed.

they all zoom in real close. Thousands of pictures here.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thanks. This explains everything. Time for more Advil.

Reply to
George Max