HF Coupon Availability?

Debating driving up to the new(ish) HF but since is 1-hr+ each way...

Posted the question earlier but was buried in bowels of a followup to the HD warranty fiasco so will try straight out --

Since I don't/haven't have/had enough access to know how they work them, are the "super coupons" or the e-mail flyer coupons for the "parking lot sale" available on site for walk-in traffic I presume? Or do you have to have printed versions with you?

Reply to
dpb

The "Parking Lot Sale" items do not require a coupon unless ordering online. Note that the "Parking Lot Sale" coupons @

do not have barcodes.

Spalted Walt

Some, but not all, current coupons will be available at the door.

Some stores can scan a coupon received via email or web site from a smartphone. I have not tried that at HF. You might call first to ask, phone numbers are available at

Also would let you ask about availability of the item you want.

As best I can tell,

has all current coupons available for printing.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

more HF coupons...

Spalted Walt

Read the fine print carefully. The 20 and 25% off coupons exclude super coupon discounts and certain items like no wood working bench and some other items as well Yet they do cover most things.

Here in Calif, home base for the company they will use the coupons from the web site on your phone or tablet. Many coupons are age dated so watch that too. They have a real decent 12" lathe with a 34" bed, I believe, it's own legs and a variable speed drive which for the price cannot be beat, even without the big coupons. one caveat, you might need to do some casting cleanup for real smooth operation.

They have a whole new manufacturer set of powered hand tools, battery operated.

The also have a nice old school domino tool set, it simply cannot be beat by Festool, wood chisels, mallet, and Asian hand saws. Of course the labor time is broadened extensively, :)

Reply to
OFWW

They also exclude "Parking Lot Sale" sale items:

Spalted Walt

Harbor Freight runs a parking lot tent sale at least once a quarter which runs for 3 days over a weekend starting on Friday. They will typically start handing out the 4-page flyer for this event in stores

6-8 weeks in advance. The items advertised are mostly the same collection of items you regularly see advertised in their other flyers and publications issued throughout the year. The advertised prices for these items are usually the same as the prices you see on the item-specific coupons found year-round. The difference here being that you can purchase these items at their usual coupon price without actually needing a coupon. Remember, however, that you cannot stack any percentage-off coupons on any item advertised in their parking lot flyer.

The biggest deal with the parking lot sale is that they sell, at a discount, all their open-box items (usually customer returns), cosmetically damaged items, or items that are missing non-essential parts or parts that can be replaced. On the first day (Friday), prices for these items are as-marked with special stickers. For most items, these starting prices are no better than or worse than the prices you can get for these items in new condition with coupon. On Saturday, they offer them at 25% off the marked price which, typically, is only marginally better than usual coupon prices. But on Sunday at around 3PM, they increase the markdown to 50% off the marked price which is where you can really make out like a bandit, but be aware that a lot of the big-ticket items are well picked-over by this time. Some have reported that you can sometimes make an offer to the manager for remaining open-box items near closing hours on Sunday.

Lastly, be aware that all open-box items are sold as-is with only a 5 day return policy.

from:

Spalted Walt

I wasn't that interested in the parking lot sale per se, but they did have a super coupon for a couple items that I have need for; it just so happened those arrived in the same week as the weekend for the sale...

Since have been even in a HF only three times at all that I can recall in last 20 yr as there just wasn't one within 200 mi, I wasn't sure if the coupon flyers or the like were on premises or not...

Thanks to all for the "inside dope"; helping neighbor's moving farm sale this weekend (actually he doesn't farm; he built (very nice) trailers as independent on a place a few miles from us but is being forced into early retirement by health issues...so, probably this weekend is now out unless do just run up on Sunday PM.

Reply to
dpb

If it's not too much of an annoyance to you, get on their text list. Every Thursday afternoon, HF sends a text with a link to their weekend coupons & sales items. Assuming reasonably decent cell service, you can open the l ink, show your digital coupon to the Sales Clerk, and they'll honor it via either bar code or coupon number. Plus, if you're 'on the list,' then you' re obviously a loyal customer--They have that much more of an added incenti ve to honor the offers they're sending to your phone. No Paper required!

Reply to
Steve

That would definitely be annoying even _if_ I had a phone of recent-enough vintage to view them... :)

One of the objectives when left the consulting gig and returned to family farm was to cut the tether to clients and other interruptions from phone/answering service/etc., etc., that had to deal with for 30 years...I have a basic flip-phone but it "lives" primarily on the sideboard in the dining room where I (generally) can find it on the rare occasions I want it (altho it can and does get carried to the truck or tractor on occasion and then left/forgotten for week or more. Sometimes it takes a search to then relocate it as by then it will have turned itself off and probably be totally discharged to boot...).

Into "being connected" continuously I'm not... :)

Reply to
dpb

maybe then on sunday night or early monday morning check the dumpster

you know that is not bad most places offer nothing

as-is is a legal term and i thought it removed all liability from the seller

Reply to
Electric Comet

Maybe before Sunday night or early Monday morning check if the dumpster is on private property and if you'll get arrested for trespassing after you check the dumpster.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

So how many people have actually been arrested for dumpster-diving in a strip-mall dumpster?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Do they have Google where you live?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Around here, we have to pay for our trash service so there's a problem with people dumping their big trash items in business dumpsters. It's gotten to be such an expensive problem for businesses that they put security cameras on their dumpsters.

Construction dumpsters are another common receptacle for unauthorized trash. The sheriff showed up at a neighbor's house to confront them about trash found in a dumpster down the street on a property that was being remodeled. The trash had mail with their address in it.

I did a little sleuthing and determined that we had a neighborhood trash bandit who would go out, late at night, and find residential trash cans to "swap" garbage with. He'd take out the bags in the cans, put his own inside, then dump the swapped bags in the construction dumpsters. In the meantime, his trash in gone to the dump the next morning and the neighbors incriminating trash is in the construction dumpster to be discovered.

What people won't go through to save 18 bucks a month. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Maybe it's not about the money per se, but more about the thrill of the game. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

In other words you haven't a clue.

Reply to
J. Clarke

In other words, I have more than a clue. I could tell you what I know about the question you asked, but I'm all about teaching a man to fish.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Google rhetorical question. Also google .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Works for me. See ya!

Reply to