workbench position

always had my bench against a wall but lot of videos show the bench away from walls so both sides are accessible

just seemed like having against a wall made the best use of floor space but i was wrong about that as it has actually given me a better layout now i can get to both sides

it is better for working and a lot easier for quick cleanup

Reply to
Electric Comet

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote: Sure, if it's in a normal room, a lot better for bigger projects and even just panel cutting. But, not at all ideal for a car garage that's actually used for cars. You can get away with quick projects, but not with furniture, invention, welding or multi-layered finish application projects.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote: Sure, if it's in a normal room, a lot better for bigger projects and even just panel cutting. But, not at all ideal for a garage that's actually used as a garage. You can get away with quick projects, but not with furniture, invention, welding or multi-layered finish application projects.

Reply to
Iggy

EC Is actually correct, especially in the case you described, since his super duper benches are moveable so you can indeed park your Ferrari in the same garage along with the old ladies Rolls Royce, you just need to ask him how he does it.

And while you're at it ask him about his solar powered car wash at the drive through entrance of his garage with water collected from rain storms. I am sure your home owners club blog would want to see how it is all done on less than an income of 5,000 dollars a month, eh?

Oh, and those wind powered wall clocks? A thing of beauty to behold and the unused wind is bypassed to dust off everything in the house saving his wife even more work so she can laze by the pool.

Reply to
OFWW

Material can hang over the end / side and held up so material doesn't have to be cut down to table size to use. Just like a table-saw in front of a pull down door so material can hang out or be pushed through.

If one has a Huge shop yea. If small it gets tight.

In one house I had a desk - window. Table wall. Tabletop for work and drill press grinder and small tools / work in the middle/side. Then were the washer, dryer, Farm Sink, Hot Water, My metal cabinet for paint and chemicals. But that was a small suspended 10' above the ground with a 6" slab flying. Big 10x10 system underneath.

Now a 30x30 4 roll-up garage doors - I open three, keep 4 closed. Tools/benches everywhere and materials. I put 3 17' trucks into it after I got my stuff. Getting rid of some of it.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn