Help needed: delta Miter Stand (36-136)

I just bought one of these (their folding miter saw stand) from Amazon. I need to determine if a structural piece is bent or not (the box arrived slightly damaged, and a trim piece near the item in question was shattered). The factory couldn't figure out which piece I was describing (it's not a numbered part on the parts diagram).

If you own one of these, could you do me a favor, and have a look at yours? Underneath where the saw sits (this is quite visible when the stand is folded up and vertical) is a 2-piece steel part. One bit is a painted rectangular metal tube. the other is an unpainted, steel U-shaped channel, which slides in and out of the tube. This unpainted part is very slightly bent (or dented), about five inches in from the end. Also, there are 2 pairs of slots cut into this channel, and the pair near the 5" mark (the pair closer to the tube) is bent in at the top. (The oher pair of slots are completely straight).

The dents/bends are symmetric enough this may be a design feature. So, I want to check before making a fuss with Amazon.

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Andy

I just looked at mine (I just got it last week) and it definitely does NOT have either a bend in the tubing or the slots.

Hope this helps.

david

Reply to
David Penner

Not bent (if I understand your description). There are exploded diagrams here to help in your descriptions:

keithw86