Harley Davidson rocking horse plans.

I attended a bike show in Toronto a few years ago and was impressed with a rocking horse made in the form of an Harley. It was really cool. I think it may become my first non profit project in 25 years. (Actually, there were a few, although they weren't supposed to be non-profit..... you know the kind...)

A project just for fun. A therapy piece. Mixed medium. Some metal, some leather, mostly wood though.

I Googled me arse off and found nothing I liked. Most lacked excitement.

I guess the trick will be to retain some 'toyness' without going to an 'accurate scale-model look' which I don't want either.

I will have to keep the 'kid-proof' aspect in mind as it will be mounted and abused by future bikers who won't be afraid to put that beast through its paces after a few Mountain Dews. I mean, we don't some kid's face mangled in a springer front end.... or worse...hurt himself on a suicide shifter.

I am hoping to buy some plans which will get the project started, a good core which can be built upon.

So, if any of you fine gentlemen or ladies can help me out by nudging me towards something you have seen along those lines, I would be very grateful. I have had this on my mind since I saw that one at the show.

I'm thinking laminating/bending wood for the frame, leather seat and saddle bags etc.

Thanks in advance.

0¿0 ?

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:design-73D1B1.22574609032005 @nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net:

Sounds like "American Chopper" meets "Wood Works"!

Take pictures along the way.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Don't know if you've already seen it or not, but Woodworker's Supply has had a Harley rocking bike plan for a number of years

Mark & Juanita

Wed, Mar 9, 2005, 10:57pm snipped-for-privacy@BULLtopworks.ca (Robatoy) claims: I attended a bike show in Toronto a few years ago and was impressed with a rocking horse made in the form of an Harley.

I hate to correct you (that's a big ol' lie, I love it), but if it was a Harley, it would be a rocking Harley, not a rocking horse. I'm not sure about rocking Harleys, but Harleys definitely rock. You can get plans at several places.

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

I realize this is an old link, but if anyone can help me find he original Harley motorcycle plan I would appreciate it. I found a web site, but cant get a email answered or phone answered.

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steve R

Steve R wrote in news:3f28a$54d44692$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

I've had quite a bit of luck with archive.org. Go to archive.org, enter your desired URL in the box and hit enter. Sometimes there will be multiple versions (and dates) of the page, choose one close to the time of the post, 2005.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Seems there are lots of hits, when Googling "Harley Rocking Horse Plans".

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Puckdropper wrote in news:54d4539f$0$16716$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Given the original post was from JOAT, there's a good chance the plans never existed. He spent much more time saying "go Google for it" than he did providing useful information.

John

Reply to
John McCoy