Grizzly Polar Bear Series

Any scoop on the "new" line of "P" series "Polar Bear" tools from Grizzly. We were getting geared up to take a run to Springfield during the next day or two to buy a G0453 15" planer. Now they have thrown in the "P" version at a lower introductory price and claim it is identical to the basic except for paint and a new switch mast (and the price). I could care less about the white paint but the switch mast is kind of nice.

I am a suspicious Irish kind of guy and wonder if any of you have experience with the new line of tools.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I was all set to buy a G0715P but my dentist ended up with most of the seed money.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That bites! Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Did he happen to mention whether your teeth were raker, hook, or ... how many TPI ? ;-)

Hopefully, they weren't skip ....

Reply to
Neil Brooks

Not any more. The one crown which had detached and he glued back on just popped back off half an hour ago while eating potato chips. Well, I got 2 good weeks out of the $80 glue job.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

channelling lew: epoxy. maybe some microballoons added.

or you could try

:)

Reply to
chaniarts

You knew the drill before you went there.

Reply to
Robatoy

---------------------------------- Sounds like the glue was on the close out rack at Harbor Freight or maybe the $0.99 store, or is that where you found the dentist.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hee Hee. Reminds me of my mom. Years ago she was working in the kitchen when an old crown came loose and landed on the cabinet. She didn't have time for the dentist so she looked around the room and saw a bottle of the old Elmer's white glue. Put a dab inside of the crown and shoved it back in place. Life was good.

A year or two later she was having her teeth cleaned and the dentist popped the crown loose during the procedure. He apologized all over the place, cleaned the crown and replaced it with proper adhesive.

He must have remained in an apologetic frame of mind because mom left the office with one of his philodendrons.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

My brother-in-law tried glueing his crown back on using super glue. He ended up going to the dentist to have his finger unstuck from the crown.

Reply to
Nova

And end up gluing my tongue to my palate? That'd be awkward.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Right. The experiment failed, but I'm still pissed at the whole situ.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, it was dual cure (moisture and UV) dental adhesive of some sort, Lew. And the dentist's credentials didn't have that CrackerJack box smell to them...

So, whattaya got for me?

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

HAR! Good one, Ron.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A little q-tip worth of acetone would have fixed him right up, had he planned a bit better, Yack. Sest lavvy.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

For some.

Reply to
Robatoy

Here, have a nice, moist cracker, Toy. It's a Cyano de Bergerac Special.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Smells like bitter almonds.... you sure it's okay?

Reply to
Robatoy

t the Grizzly Polar Bear line of tools?

Wait a minute.

I guess it doesn't matter as much as it did a few days ago.

We drove to Springfield yesterday and picked up a G0453P.

It is in the garage.

Never Mind ;^}

RonB

Reply to
RonB

about the Grizzly Polar Bear line of tools?

.....waitasec.....that's a drive-by.....NICE!!!

Reply to
Robatoy