Powermatic mystery?

Does anyone know what "new" or BIG thing Powermatic is going to unveil in 7 Days 19 hours 31 minutes and several seconds ago? (Your time may vary depending upon when you read this.) Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Painting their tools green to compete with Festool. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

thing Powermatic is going to unveil

Or Grizzly :o)

Reply to
RonB

thing Powermatic is going to unveil

Ha!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Beat them to it years and years ago... :)

Reply to
dpb

Yeah... seems to me early Powermatics I've seen were green....

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Festool - 1925 Powermatic - 1928

Reply to
Swingman

Yup, I still have a green shaper. Sold my green TS and replaced it with a b= lack "Hot Dog" saw. I thought it was funny when a guy who rents space in my= shop called my SawStop a "hot dog" saw. I guess thhose hot dog demos have = done their branding for the company.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I regretfully bring this information to you, I checked it before you posted too ;~0

Powermatic is celebrating 90 years, since 1921.

Leon

before 1928.

The rest is marketing hype ...

Reply to
Swingman

Oh yeah? Well ... ;~)

Not sure where the 1925 comes in except in the heading/history link but the information seems to point at Festool actually introducing a tool in

1929. And IIRC Festool originally operated under a similar name, Festo IIRC.

Either way Festool is still owned by one of the founding families.

We can discuss further during our next FIG meeting. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Festo, originally a wood cutting tool company, was founded in 1925 and was the parent company until 2000 ... obviously the adding of "ol" making "Festool" was too just clever for the Germans, due to it's Anglicized twist and therefore a more global marketing cachet, to resist.

Thank gawd "Yves Laurent" wasn't available! LOL

BTW, the German word for tool being "werkzeug", it's no damned wonder. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Hi Leon, I thought they "celebrated" 90 years by painting everything black,( or onyx). Or is your comment regarding to the dates in Swing's message?

=20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

I read somewhere that celebrating 90 with 3 30 year olds is interesting.... color not important...

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I'm just pointing to web sites where Powermatic is gold, Not sure where the special black series comes on.

Reply to
Leon

So in German,..... Festowerkzeug. Schnell!

Reply to
Leon

That was apparently another reason ... the infamous FEStool (Fast Efficient Safe) slogan only works in English:

Schnell Effizient Sicher doesn't quite cut it. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

by such truth-streching.

The likes of Stanley Porter-Cable might be able to have fun with that. How about a T-shirt with the "90-year insignia" crossed-out (and ???)...

Reply to
Bill

On 6/1/2012 5:45 PM, Bill wrote: ...

Don't bother me none...he founded the business and began in '21 it appears; only a name change a few years later instead of (apparently) doing business in his own name or under the lumber business prior to that.

Picky beyond words imo... :(

--

Reply to
dpb

I'd be more than satisfied with 2 45 year olds... (Sure wish I was 45 again!)

Reply to
Larry W