Grizzly G0490

Does anyone have this jointer yet? The catalog says it became available last month. It looks like the table is slightly bigger than the g0586, the fence is slightly smaller, and the motor is 3hp instead of 2hp. It looks like a dj-20 clone. Does anyone have any experience with this?

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

look here.http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2194459&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

Reply to
woodarama

Thanks. I went for the 586. It's backordered until 3/10. The 490 was backordered longer and with a less certain delivery date. I'm still torn since I've always sort of wanted a dj-20. After looking at the longer infeed table though, I'm not sure now if I wouldn't rather have the normal tables from the 586. The extra horse and cheaper shipping onthe 490 isn't making it any easier.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning