Granite top project

My local restore (Habitat for Humanity) had a lot of scrap granite, many

2' x 2' and a 1.5" thick or so, $5.

Seems like there should be a small profit project in there somewhere.

I have no shortage of ideas for that, but am clueless about what might sell for a small profit. I have a marble end table I've made and there is granite tile in the kitchen, so I know it makes an indestructible top and have a clue in how to work with it.

I tend to make one offs that I find interesting but wouldn't have commercial appeal. What might be a nice project for this and the stack of cypress I have?

Seems like Target and IKEA have relatively cheap kitchen carts covered:

And lots of stone end tables in the discount furniture stores.

Maybe something outdoors?

Reply to
pentapus

Granite frame work assembly for a high speed low cutting force CNC machine? Talk about dimensionally stable over a wide range of working environments. . LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have a table on the deck made of cement blocks and a large tombstone, I don't believe that it has moved a millimeter, no matter what!

Reply to
pentapus

How about a granite dog house? A one-up on the three little pigs.

Reply to
G. Ross

Bookends

Reply to
dadiOH

There is a reason surface plates are usually made of granite. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe