good place to purchase wood in/near Philadelphia Pa USA?

I make furniture and have been purchasing wood from Home Depot. I would like to know I their might be any suggestions for places that sell wood for less and better quality in or near Philadelphia, PA USA?

Lex

Reply to
Lex

A good place to start is in Oxford

is in Aberdeen NJ, not sure of the distance from Philly

expect there are others.

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

For what it's worth, I go to Rittenhouse Lumber. Right on Bethlehem Pike, just north of Paper Mill.

The owner is famous for his "pile of paperwork" desk. Very nice people though.

Reply to
Rick R.

Tague Lumber isn't bad -- in the phone book

Reply to
Joe Stead

I second the Hearne - they are about 30 minutes away (from me) and have always provided good service & great wood - their website is an education (at least for me - way down on the woodworkers food chain).

Bought oak, cherry, walnut & poplar from them - fair prices, great quality & no complaints.

Of course, although about 1/3 the price of HD (say, for oak), you will have to surface & plane their wood - although they will do that for you for additonal $.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

You might want to try Willard Brothers just off of Route #1 north of Trenton, a relatively short ride from Philly. Contact Information Telephone (609)890-1990

FAX (800)320-6519

Postal address

300 Basin Rd. Trenton, NJ. 08619

Electronic mail