Gloat/Neener/Lumber Prices/I *LOVE* my Wife

Hello All -

Well, it has been a bizzy couple of days. I am building some mission furniture for my wife's cousin, and of course this REQUIRED a new tool.... in the form of a General Int'l 75050M1 Hollow Chisel Mortiser, and MORE!... heheheh

Also, picked up a mess of QSWO... Here's what we got, and what we paid for it. I'd be interested what similar lumber goes for in YOUR neck of the woods... This lumber was purchased at Mt. Storm Forest Products in Windsor, CA, about 1.5 hrs N of San Francisco.

3 3/4" Soft Maple Drawer Sides 16LF $ 1.31 20.96 4/4 Basswood FAS 5 BF $2.15 BF $10.75 4/4 Poplar FAS 9 BF $1.73 15.57 4/4 QS White Oak Sel/Btr 85 BF $4.34 368.90 8/4 QS White Oak Sel/Btr 85 BF $5.56 472.60 Straight Line Edging 7.92 Sufacing 9.00 Sales Tax 68.00

Total

974.60

The ray flake on the oak is very nice - but that damn 8/4... almost $500 worth is TWO boards... Jeezzz...

I'll give a rundown on the mortiser in a bit - it only took about 20 minutes to get it unpacked and set up - first impression is that it is a well made, well thought out tool. We have also picked up a Lion Miter Trimmer and some carving chisels - for SWMBO's framing work. I wormed my way into Freud's SD

608 Adjustable Dado Set, so I'll also give a report on that when I get it set up...

Whoooeeee!

John Moorhead Lakeport CA

Reply to
John Moorhead

Snip of good story

That's about right (mebbe a little high) for the Cleveland area on the QSWO. It sounds to me, though, that you got the milling done for a REAL good price.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
Phil Crow

Last 4/4 S2S1E I bought here in Houston was $4.95/bf ... deduct .60/bf for rough.

Reply to
Swingman