Good deal, gloat, or neener?

-10" delta unisaw with extension table with mount for PC 690 said to be 2 years old, looks new, ser# indicates mfg of late 98

-Biesmeyer(?) fence system with rail to end of table approx. 60"

-mobile stand to fit saw and table (one piece)

-good carbide blade and wrenches

-50 hardwood dowels 5/8"

-4 or 5 hundred birch buttons

-all delivered for $875

Reply to
BurlaT3

It's all three. Tom >Subject: Good deal, gloat, or neener?

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

One possibility to consider is that you are working *way* to hard with the scraper. If the scraper edge is smooth and well burnished, and you have experimented with the proper scraping angle, you are probably flexing the thing too much. This causes a lot of wear in a small area, overheating and dulling quickly. (not to mention excessive hand fatigue). This also leaves a lot of small but increasingly noticable furrows in the surface.

I would say to resharpen and curl a fine to moderate hook. Further, I would recomend the non flexing pull method of using a hand scraper. If you're unfamiliar with this, refer to Tage Frid's books on teaching woodworking for a description.

Lastly, practice until you're comfortable on project fall offs before attacking the projects final finishing.

Good luck, Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

OOps....wrong thread clicked....