Gloat - African Hardwood $1/bf - Portland, OR

Now that I've filled up my shop with wood, I'll share this information.

I just purchased 1263 board feet of african hardwood for $1263. I got:

Makore - 773 bf Aiele - 150 bf Olonvogo - 94 bf Limbali - 246 bf

Some of the Makore and Olonvogo even has spaulting. All rough sawn,

8/4, pretty strait, mostly clear. I didn't see a single knot in the entire warehouse. The place is going out of business and needs to sell everything by end of month. Everything is $1/bf. Minimum order was 250 bf.

I posted their inventory with contact info here:

mrgreg

Well, there is no doubt but that you suck...

I donno, it seems to me that in that quantity they ought to be able to sell it to dealers for more than $1/bf. No?

Reply to
toller

Well done! You do indeed suck. Did I mention that you suck?

bill

Reply to
Bill Otten

Why is Washington so windy?

It's all that SUCKAGE coming out of Oregon.

Reply to
Eric

At least I was nice enough to divulge my source. I see so many gloats on here where people don't share the wealth. Of course, I didn't let the secret out until AFTER my shop was completely filled...

And the woman running the operation is very nice so I'm happy to send customers her way.

Reply to
mrgreg

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Hehe, I went yesterday and got 120bf of loose for the same amount as the 20bf of cannary wood I needed for a commisioned piece.

Mostly 8/4 african teak, some limbali.

Want to go get more.

Loving life in PDX

Reply to
Tattooed and Dusty

I thought about getting some. but since these woods are oddballs they may not sell well. people want to know the wood before they will buy a plane made from it.

Reply to
Steve Knight

No one said you weren't nice; just that you sucked.

Reply to
toller