Yet another table saw blade question

I'm looking for a combination (approx 50 tooth) standard 10" blade but I'd like to have a blade that is ground ATB with a raker. I like being able to make a partial through cut (like a small tenon) and not have to deal with the 'V' left by a regular ATB.

I believe CMT makes one but I don't recall seeing any others. Any experiences or reasons why they don't seem to be very popular ?

jim

Reply to
Jim Bailey

IIRC my old Systematic blade was made that way. 50 teeth combo with ATB and the 5th tooth was a raker. It still made V marks. You might call Forrest. They will make a blade the way you want.

Or use a router.

Reply to
Leon

Jim

Check out LV. They have a 10" 50 tooth Combination blade.

Paul D

Reply to
Paul Dulong

"Jim Bailey" wrote in news:q1aOd.16525$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

Find a local sharpening service, and ask them for help. Mine built one,

60T, with a flat top grind, for just such a purpose. Maybe $65. As recommended by Yueng Chan, "Classic Joints with Power Tools".

I use it for keyed miter joints in boxes and picture frames.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I have a 40T ATB/raker Ridge Carbide/Inline Industries blade. Cut quality is every bit as good as my WWII.

Reply to
Mark Howell