Band saw blade recommendations needed..

Just finished assembly of my new Delta 14" BS today.

It came with a 1/4" blade, regular tooth (I believe).

Anyways, I'll be needing a 1/2" blade for resawing plus an "All purpose blade"..

I don't mind paying a bit more for the Carbide, sounds like its worth the money.

The local Rockler's stocks Olson blades, are they a good choice? If not, any suggestions?

ThankX, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Will

I am ordering a WoodSlicer blade from Highland Hardware this morning. I just saw some red oak that was resawn using a WoodSlicer and it was a whole bunch mo' betta than what I have been able to do with my blades.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Olsen blades are fine, Timberwolf are better. You want a 1/2" 3 tooth hook blade for general work. If you want a bit finer blade go to a 6 tooth hook.

Reply to
Rumpty

I have WoodSlicer (Highland Hardware) and Timberwolf (Suffolk machinery,

) blades. Both work well. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
nospambob

I "almost" bought 2 olson blades... combination for 1/2" and 3/4" blades in

105" (14" with riser) was about $45 plus shipping, or $50 locally... ended up having a local saw shop weld up 2 each of 3/8" 5/8" and 3/4" to my tooth specs for $75 out the door, and they seem to be very good blades..

Also, I'm a bandsaw newbie and cut a lot of firewood for bowl blanks and I'm hard on blades, so I'd rather bind and kink a $10 blade than a $20+ one..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

For re-sawing, they'll probably recommend the 3/4 inch AS-S blade on a Delta 14 inch bandsaw. These are thin kerf, low tension blades that will work fine with a 1HP motor.

"THE AS-S: This blade is only available in 3/4" x 3tpi. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it is only .025 thick with our unique set pattern. The total overall set is .048 thousandths of an inch. This band was specifically designed for straight-line veneer cutting. When you are resawing very expensive woods that are thick and you want as thin a kerf as possible, a super finish, and you are not concerned with speed, this is the band for you."

I don't get paid for speedy work and I do have to pay for the wood. I'd rather take my time and get a great finish the first time through. Granted,

4/4 QS oak isn't very expensive, but my supplier is 100 miles away. I don't want to waste any good wood.
Reply to
Ed Clarke

bcsaw.com was suggested by FWW, in an article that simplied BSing -- bandwawing ;-)

There was a review of blades prior to that article also. bcsaw had top blades at the lowerest cost. There were better blades (better being a relative term)

I have the bcsaw 1/2" 3tpi skip tooth. No complaints. $57 US, shipped for 4 blades. Qty of 4 was a 15% discount over a single blade.

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout