cannon coalridge bf gas fire

Hello I'm new to the forum so please be kind. I've got one of the above gas fires which has been great, over time it was taking longer and longer to start so the pilot light would come on but when you released the knob it would go out, but would eventually start. I was getting a new boiler fitted and showed this to the fitters, he told m e the thermocouple was gone, so he ordered a new one which cost 80 the pers on that took it of was a older guy, the fire held a perfect flame. The pers on that fitted the new one was younger and really struggled to fit it took him over an hour he kept undoing nuts and redoing them and scratching his h ead and then started banging the items to try and make them fit back again, still after all this he could not get the pilot light lit after arguing wi th him he persisted for another half hour and now the pilot light is on the fire fires up but the flames go all over the place and are way to big, so he basically turned round and said your fire is knacked and capped it, woul d could be wrong as I think he has just basically has missed something or m oved something Thanks

Reply to
wasimashiq

Buggered oxypilot ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Sorry, but you'll need to get someone back who knows what they're doing - the younger guy obviously didn't.

He shouldn't have needed to mess with the main burner rate setting (if it even has one). Maybe he didn't put the coals back in the right pattern? That should be given in the installation and servicing instructions.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Oxy pilot you say, could it be that he has moved this out of alignment as the fire burned perfectly before, also he did not move the coals as the thermocouple fits from the outside of the unit, maybe a good service is needed

Reply to
wasimashiq

Buggered oxy pilot you say, could it be that this has been moved accidently or not fitted bck properly, what does this part do other than supply oxygen to the pilot as my unit looks like it getting to much gas as flames are big and burning orange

Reply to
wasimashiq

I didn't think they were fitted in balanced flue applianes, only open flue and flueless fires. I might be wrong though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel