Gloat

At a yard sale yesterday:

#1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had ever been sharpened. Total of 19 different tools. 2 unopened MT2 pen mandrel sets, 2 pen drilling jigs, one pen assembly press, a box of assorted pen blanks, a pair of pen blank trimming tools, a dozen pen kits, 2 new bottles of Hut polish, Hut wax sticks, two new long push pads for a jointer, centering marker, tool bag, and a box of miscellaneous mandrels, spare bushings, replacement cutters for the pen trimming tools, pen assembly tools, etc. Price $125,

#2 - Next to the box was a brand new Jet mini lathe that had been purchased to use all the stuff from #1 on. I don't think it had ever been used-not even a scratch in the paint on the tool rest. Price $150.

#3 - SWMBO went with me to this sale and was watching me as I looked over all these bargains. The owner walked over to us and before he could say a word, SWMBO pulled two C-notes out of her purse and handed them to him with the words "For the lot." Thirty seconds later I'm carrying a mini lathe out to the truck, and SWMBO is toting that box full of turning tools.

Gotta love that gal. She's my real gloat.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

I hope you get gingivitus! :|

nb

Reply to
notbob

That explains the wind today...

You suck.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sorby's still in the

had ever been

pen drilling jigs, one

trimming tools, a dozen pen

a jointer, centering

replacement cutters for the

to use all the stuff

paint on the tool rest.

these bargains. The

C-notes out of her purse

I'm carrying a mini

Just think... the same thing will happen to our stuff in time.

Reply to
sbnjhfty

Not if you train your kids right... mine will likely be fighting over my stuff. ;~) "

I want the L-N No 7..." "NO, I want it!" "I said I wanted it first!" "That's not fair, you took the L-N No 5 already...."

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Definitely a keeper.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote: Definitely a keeper. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes--not only did she get you what you wanted, but she saved $75 to boot.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Don't know what the protocal is here - but in rec.woodworking - the obligatory response to your gloat is

YOU SUCK!

[ usually said while turning green with envy ; ) ]
Reply to
charlieb

Concur with the rest, suckage happening.

Reply to
Joe

I've turned green, but usually used a gouge - how do you do it with envy?

Reply to
Bill Noble

You taught her well

Reply to
Marty G

Sorby's still in the

had ever been

pen drilling jigs, one

tools, a dozen pen

jointer, centering

replacement cutters for the

to use all the stuff

paint on the tool rest.

these bargains. The

C-notes out of her purse

I'm carrying a mini

You suck, alright. SWMBO would make *me* get out the Franklins. She's smart enough not to carry that much cash.

Reply to
krw