Somewhat OT

Note received today from one of my buds in our volunteer group that does bascic home maintenance for our less fortunate senior citizens here in Plano, TX.

Tom, >My wife is having a luncheon for some friends Friday. She has suddenly

discovered our table is too small. I found this video of one that would be perfect.

Could you build one exactly like it and have it ready by Thursday morning? > >Harry >

See

to see example his "simple request".

My response:

Harry: > >No sweat! What color latex paint did she want on it? I have some nice Fire

Engine Red left over, with Puce for the trim.

>Tom
Reply to
Tom B

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Reply to
HeyBub

Taupe is what I put on wounds I acquire in the shop. Teal I shoot, roast and eat. Yummy!

Reply to
Tom B

Wow, flashback! Had a leasing agent in the 80's telling me about a great deal on a Toyota Supra... Said it was "taupe gray".. I didn't want a gray car, but went to look at it because it was a great deal.. Ended up buying and wondering why he didn't just say it was TAN.. lol Oh.. and the interior was "camel"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are familiar with over a hundred. It's just the reverse when it comes to screwing.

Reply to
HeyBub

Celery is a vegetable, not a color.

Reply to
C & S

Hey, if orange can be both a fruit and a color, why discriminate against celery?

Somewhere in there is an off-color joke about fruits and vegetables...

Reply to
Greg Neill

Oh, you can probably make up your own:

"There have been 12 separate cucumber robberies during the past three months, the most recent involving 150 bags on Tuesday night."

HeyBub

Hey! This isn't astrophysics. Or is your interest connected to Goethe's color theory?

Reply to
Patrick Karl

My '82 Supra was Terra Cotta.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

My 59 Studebaker was Tahitian Coral Enamel -- said so on the body tag

Got it from my aunt and there was no way this high school kid was going to refer to it as pink.

Hey, it was $50 in 1976, it got me to and from high school in 20 minutes, saving me a 1 hour bus ride.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Just think what it would be worth if you'd kept it and restored it.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Actually, it's still on Dad's farm. It's in reasonably decent shape, if I found a decent buyer for it, would be willing to part with it. The engine was rebuilt in 1977 and probably has less than 3000 miles on it. Transmission needs some work.

I'd rather restore my Ford 2N tractor.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita