FS (Not by me) Woodworking tools auction

Cool woodworking tools auction (not mine). I found this advertised on craig's list

I do not have any idea if this is legite, I don't know the company but seems OK.

  1. They do charge a buck to allow you to bid but they claim it is to verify your identity.
  2. Some of the reserves are pretty low, the wide belt sander was at one time at like ,500 and reserves was met. Big straight line rip saw currently 0.
  3. I actually want some of this stuff but figured I would give some others a heads up anyway. Maybe it will bring me some karma.
  4. Finishes tomorrow.
Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Wrong part of the country....(Ventura,Ca.)

That aucti> Cool woodworking tools auction (not mine). I found this advertised on > craig's list >

Reply to
Pat Barber

Yeah, seems reputable. However, I just realized they have pretty strict (stupid) pick-up rules. If the items are not "hand carry" then you need to provide proof of liability insurance of $200k. I suppose if you hire a shipping company that is pretty standard but if I go in my truck to pick up a $200 Jointer I really don't want the hassle and expense of finding some temp insurance.

They also add a 10% auction fee. I think they should just add 10% to the reserve.

Oh well. Caveat Emptor. (sp?)

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I've made several purchases through this auction company. A sellers fee is common. Almost all auction companies charge a fee, as this, and 10% is not abnormal. This company liquidates assets for many companies throughout the US. Just keep an eye out for when a sale is near you.

If an item can be removed by hand or hands, you don't need the insurance. That insurance requirement is for when one needs to bring in a crane, cherry picker or some other heavy equipment for loading a huge item. With all my purchases, on-site personnel, forklifts and other help was available for no extra fee. Folks were helpful where loading docks were higher than my truck bed, when things needed lowering into the truck.

I had an issue with some router bits I bought.... some were missing, when I went to pick them up. I was quickly refunded 1/3 my bid amount. I still ended up with some 300+ router bits and a few hundred brad point drill bits, for the after-refund price of $250. Some of you may recall a post I made regarding 3/4" shaft router bits. I don't have the machinery for using these, about 50 of them (not included in the above count). I still haven't found anyone with the machinery for their use. I'd sell them for $1 ea, but if push came to shove, I'd give them away.

rack, pictured in the above link: I converted the bit holders into tilting holders in a cabinet I made for the bits....Pics 37 - 40 ~~~>
were also 3 new grinding stones, within this lot.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Also, that dollar for initial registering to create an account with IRS, that is a one-time deal. Once you're registered, you won't have to re-register, again, and all you have to do is sign in to any auction and bid on any of that auction's items. Each bidding paddle (window) will have the appropriate (and easy) prompts for you to follow for the correct procedure(s) to continue.

Sometimes, for AOL users, signing in, to place a bid, can be troublesome. I can't remember what the problem is, but a call to the IRS office will get the correction procedure for correcting the problem.

On the link,

click onto "auctions" at the top of the page and you can see all the ongoing auctions.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

If your house is worth $200K, I would hope you had at least that much liability insurance. The guy that hit me and pinned me to the back of my work truck only had $100K. That was gone in 5 days. Been a year and I'm still off work.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M