FS anniversary planes

I made some unusual planes for my 5th year anniversary. these are purpleheart with a tapered maple inlay. A jointer a jack (set at 47 degrees) a coffin smoother (the one pictured is 50 but I can make it any angle I normally make) and a small smoother at 55 degrees. normally the planes would have white oak totes but I could get matching maple or purpleheart totes too. the planes are signed dated and numbered on the inside and the outside they are dated and numbered and have a 5 year anniversary stamp too. I would like to sell them as a set but I will see what happens. I would give 30.00 off each if a set or several were bought at once.

need a couple more coats of finish and the totes and all but you get the idea. the purpleheart is not showing off yet but it sure will.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Wow, Steve, really nice. That jointer has particularly nice lines and form.

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

I wanted to have different tapers for each plane but between the math and no adjustable taper jig (G) the purpleheart has some nice curl in it you see on the top of the planes.

Reply to
Steve Knight

I love your planes. A buddy of mine has one of your smoothers. It's great.

if you still have some around Chrismas time, there's a good chance SWMBO would order one..... I'm not particualr interested in the "5 year markings" although I congradulate you. I am interested in the purpleheart/maple combination. If I got one or two for Christmas, I'm not sure whether I would use them or just put 'em on a shelve and admire them. Good work.

Until then I'm short on cash! Still need a band saw and a better router table and then, more hand planes.........

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I can always make more not quite the same but the same idea no problem. short on cash? what's cash???? (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight

i have two and they both sit on a shelf :)

Reply to
crk133