For your consideration

In my never-ending quest for functional redundancy, I've made this air cleaner/sanding table/materials cart. It uses the spent filters from my home furnace/AC, my old sanding table with the bottom removed, and an old furnace blower. It sucks better than my old sanding table set- up, where I'd used the DC for the vacuum. It cost one sheet of 3/4 MDF from the borg, a 3 pronged plug and some thought. To set it up for sanding duty, 4 screws are removed from the top, and the top is placed vertically against the upwind end. The old sanding table is close enough to the right size to completely cover the top, and the resulting vacuum holds the upended top and sanding table in place very well. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or comments, I'm all ears. Tom

In the workshop album.

Reply to
tom

Man you have a lot of nice tools. I built my sanding table with three layers of filtration: cheap AC filter to catch chips, Better AC filter, then below that a pleated cloth bag filter from Penn State. The perforated top is on hinges and usually is folded back for greater air flow for use as an air cleaner. The air exhausts downward. It also uses a furnace blower.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Thank you, sir. I'm way lucky. Got any photos of your system? I had spoken with someone at Penn State, hoping they'd provide actual measurements (they do provide "nominal" measurements) of their pleated filter so I could make use of it in the air cleaner I was building. The guy at first misunderstood when I told him about using my home furnace filters in the box, thinking I'd be using Penn State's pleated bag in my furnace! And then he wasn't too forthcoming from that point. I think they really wanted me to buy their whole kit n' kaboodle, though. I'm so cheap. Tom

Reply to
tom