For all of you who bought the PC 557 at HD

From what I understand, HD is offering us a $30 gift card for the purchase of the PC 557 biscuit jointer. In addition, PC is offering a $30 rebate. Is there anyway to get both of these? I have two receipts (I asked and HD printed a second copy for me) but both the rebate form and the gift card form require the original UPC bar code from the box. Has anyone tried to apply for both the rebate and the gift card? What a deal that would be!

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
WORSS

When I bought mine PC 557, HD didn't say anything about the rebate from PC or the gift card. If it wasn't for a post here on the rec, I wouldn't have known about the rebate.

At the local HD, there was no advertisement about a gift card, just the 20% discount. It would be an outstanding deal to get a gift card. Only problem is I already sent my receipt in to PC, as well as the original UPC off the box.

What to do????

Nick B

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

As clearly stated on the form, "This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests could result in federal prosecution under the U..S. Mail Fraud Statutes."

I don't know about HD, but when Lowes offers a rebate in conjunction with the MFG, the MFG actually sponsors it, allowing the vendor to take credit in the eyes of the consumer. In this case, HD offers a 'gift card' in lieu of cash. So, I would say no, you can't do that!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:50:43 -0600, Greg G. wrote (in message ):

I asked this specifically in the Milwaukee Tools members forumn on their web site recently (they offered something as well as Lowes). It was explained that (in this case) Milwaukee Tools was actually the person sponsoring the gift card/rebate via Lowes and I had to decide if I wanted their offering or Lowes, but there wasn't a way to do both (short of buying another tool).

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Brissette

I looked at both the rebate and gift card forms and they both have the same mailing address. So an earlier poster is correct....they are both being handled by PC. Therefore, it looks like there is no way to qualify for both. So....it seems to me that $30 cash is better than a $30 HD gift card. I would guess I am able to pick which one I want?

Bill

Reply to
WORSS