following a template with a router table

I want to be able to trim an item in half inch ply to an exact fit to a template. Ideally i'd use a straight bit with a bearing at the non-shank end, but the only ones that seem to be available are for trimming laminate.

any advice would be appreciated

Reply to
fizznotch

Look at Lee Valley

- they have a bit with a bearing at each end.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Cutters available for templet routing have:

1) Bearings on the distal end 2) Bearings on the shank 3) Bear> I want to be able to trim an item in half inch ply to an exact fit to a > template.
Reply to
pat

The pat warner reference appears to show only bits with bearings on the shank end and unfortunately the leevalley catalog is out of stock on the double ended one (that sounds just perfect). Any other sources would be welcome.

Reply to
fizznotch

The corrected link is

(not .com) .....oops! :-)

Bob

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

Well, they may say laminate but I use them for plywood and mdf without any hitches. One of my favorites is an oldham viper bit I picked up at a show. It cuts especially cleanly because of the triple flutes and

1/2" shank. I have the one with 1 1/4" length flutes.

bluemax1811-newsgroups

Whiteside offers a catalogue page full of flush trim bits. You can find them at

or at many other suppliers. Earl Creel

Reply to
Earl Creel

I'm a loyal bushing/bit user. I use pattern bits too, but the versatility of a box of bushings and a handful of straight bits gets me where I want to be most of the time... and I can plunge. Trying to find a base-plate with a hole centre-aligned to the bit, forced me to make my own.

I'm sure Pat Warner has some nifty solutions.

I sure am starting to really like those Milwaukee 5616 routers.... to the point that I have lost my appetite for that Festool router.

Reply to
Robatoy