Fly-tying station pics/plans

I posted this to abpw when I probably should have asked here, first.

Some time ago, someone had posted pics of a fly-tying station that they had made. It was really nice and I would like to request a repost of the pics (and plans, if they exist). I don't remember who posted it, nor can I offer a description of it (memory fades, sadly). I would like to make one for a friend and, not being a fly fisherman, am not quite sure what constitutes a good plan for such a tool (the fly-tying station, not my friend).

If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Reply to
DC

Was it a desk/hutch or table top station? There are a lot of different stations out there. Chuck Vance (aka Conan the Librarian) posted a nice one several months back (maybe even a year or so). I've made a few, portable desktop and hutch, and can't remeber exactly who, but someone made a real nice set of drawers for each side of the table.

Reply to
Old Grey

Sure, I don't throw anything out... ;-)

Philski was the original poster of these photos somewhere around October of 2004. I never saw the completed, finished piece, but I have most of the pictures that were posted.

I hope he doesn't mind if I provide links to these photos, but since they were cast into the great wasteland of Usenet - here they are:

Luck,

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

No, Washington wouldn't fit. (ba-dum-dum)

But it would hold one heck of an entomological replica collection.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Me neither, most times. Anyone need some 1" by 48" 3/4 birch ply? };O)

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Woohoo!!

Thanks so much! Now, all I need are ideas for the actual workstation. It looks like Philski has the parts storage bits more than adequately covered. }:O)

Philski, if you're listening... PLEASE check in. I must see your finished piece!!!

Reply to
DC