Guy keeps shipping things to me.

A week ago I got a package via UPS to my address but another name. It had 100 non-medical surgical masks. I called the vendor and he said I could keep them. He's send another order to the proper address.

Yesterday I got another package via UPS to my address but that same other name. But from a different vendor, although they are both between Dallas and Ft. Worth. (coincidence?)

How could two different vendors have the same incorrect address for a customer?

I thought he might use Paypal for both purchases. Paypal doesn't have a field call shipping address. But it does have a billing address, so they can come to your home and beat you up if you don't pay.

Aha: "Why can't my customers choose a ship-to address other than the default address for their PayPal account?

When your buyers use PayPal hosted buttons, PayPal prepopulates the Shipping Address field with the buyer's default shipping address (the address stored in their PayPal account). To enable buyers to override this setting, update your PayPal buttons to include an advanced variable that prompts the buyer to specify a shipping address during checkout."

Of course the buyer might type in the wrong address when he buys something. If he can do it with Paypal, he could do it two times with individual vendors.

The surgical masks were worth less than $10, and worth nothing to me.

But this time the order for eight SanDisk Ultra 8GB SDHC Class 10 40MB/s is worth about $100. On ebay "used" for $64.

But even they are worth nothing to me, because why would anyone buy 8GB when for less money you can buy bigger and faster, - SanDisk Ultra 16GB SD SDHC Class 10 48MB/s

micky

The pay pal thing is a likely answer Is the correct address similar?

As for buying smaller sticks, maybe the guy has an old device that doesn't support bigger sticks (in dash MP3 player?) or maybe he just feels, why buy more capacity than you need if you can get a deal on the smaller ones. I got a bunch of 8G sticks for a few bucks each on a close out at Office Depot. (seldom the cheapest place for anything)

Reply to
gfretwell

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 12:06:08 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

The guy may show up at your door and exact payment. It may be a scam to set you up or the local authorities are trying to trap this person. I'm sure you don't want to be involved with that.

Some solutions follow:

Don't open any more packages not specifically addressed to you. Call the local PD and make a report and do what they say. Take the packages to the local post office and state your case with the postmaster. They will probably decline prosecuting you for opening someone else's mail. If you receive any more mark REFUSED on it and return it.

Reply to
Tekkie©

He said it's UPS and interesting that an anti-govt, don't trust them guy like you would go running to the police because of a package sent to the wrong address. Are you a snowflake? If this is some criminal, it's rather odd that they are sending legitimate merchandise and I've never heard of any scam like that. I agree with the not opening it up part. If I was not expecting anything and it showed up with someone else;s name on it, I would have just contacted UPS, tell them to come get it.

Reply to
trader_4

I stopped reading Tek's posts long ago. (IIRC even the very first ones were a waste of time) So I wouln't have seen this if you had not replied.

Hehe.

Yes, calling the police because a package has my address on it is ridiculous. Who has never written down a wrong number.

I figure it's more likely he got the house number wrong, rather than the street, so the right address is on my street which is only about 5 blocks long. The simplest thing would have been for me to walk it over there, if only I knew where. So I asked on NextDoor if anyone knew him. About 2/3rd of the houses here belong to NextDoor, but I'm sure most don't read every day. I can't tell which posts generate emails. My original post did not, so maybe only a few saw it. Unless they don't email the original poster, but putting that in the software seems unlikely.

Plus somehow it ended up in the Lost and Found category. I didnt' put it there. Maybe their AI did, but I didn't use the words lost or found.

I wrote "Is J. Doe reading, or does anyone know him? I got a package addressed to my street address, but to his name. I figure it's a typo and he lives nearby. Could you have him PM me here, so I can give it to him. " I only gave the first initial so Mr. Doe can identify himself when he writes. Also he can say what's in the package.

I can imagine a human putting this in Lost and Found, although even then it would be a mistake. That's for things you had and lost, not for packages that don't arrive in the mail. No one would look there for a package that never arrived. But I can't imagine artificial intelligence doing that [I guess I was proven wrong just now**], and I can hardly imagine they have some reading all the posts and categorizing them. **I changed the text a little, to track it and any answers, and posted again, and again and immediately, it ended up in Lost and Found, but this time I saw you can click on that and that gives several options including Change Category. So I changed it to General so everyone would see it. But it didn't change! So I did it again, paying closer attention, and it did not change. I clicked a third time to tell you what the various options were and that won't work anymore, although other things on the page work!! Maybe a human has to review the category change, but I doubt it. [No, it's on the General page after all. But I still don't think people will get an email.]

Nextdoor seems to have based its software on Facebook software, or they're written by the same company. In a few ways it's better***, but it has several of the same unlikely flaws that Facebook has. This time I notice that the field which one click in to start a new thread has 3 different texts in it! ***and in one way it was worse. Unlike Facebook, Nextdoor has actually improved its format a little bit in the last year.

One place to post has the text: "What's happened in your neighborhood?" That invites you to post. But the two others don't. I can't call them up to see again what they say.

And the form for posting is different depending on what the text is. The same options but rearranged a lot.

Reply to
micky

Probably because he is smarter than you.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 08:23:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to digest...

I wasn't talking to you asshat. You think the world revolves around you and your Marxist regime. If the vax is so great why don't you get 3 or 4 more shots? You know I'm not a snowflake because I challenge your mandated thinking. That takes balls because every time I post something your deluded brain takes it as an insult and your corrupt accusations fly from your cabal. Like Marilyn always states: "I (meaning me) don't know him"? YOU DON'T KNOW ME! I have read your posts where you take glee if someone doesn't get the vax and dies. You are a sick person. I have gone to the gates of hell to save nitwits like you. It never entered your frozen brain that CBP seizes drug packages and routes them to suspected dealers? Take your meds and return to reality. I only read your syndicates BS because it amuses me so. As to Mickey (sp) how many indefinable posts does he have to make that proves he is a follower of your Marxist coalition? When your rhetoric fails insults follow. What a bunch of maroons! If anyone is a snowflake it is Mickey (sp) because he's all insulted because I outed him a long time ago. And then again for Marilyn "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. There are a few posters here that I have great respect for but you three aren't it.

Now let the insults fly and the three of you will be climbing over your selves to berate me. It will reinforce my statements even more.

How's that?

Reply to
Tekkie©

I have no desire to berate you. Just watching you froth at the mouth is good enough for me.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

That's special coming from the guy who complained just the other day that I call people names.

Tha'ts special coming from the guy who complains here regularly about off topic political posts. The thread was about a misdirected package, which while not really AHR seems a whole lot closer to that than we're you just took it.

< You know I'm not a snowflake because I challenge your mandated thinking.

I didn't know that was the definition of a snowflake. I thought it was someone who is overly sensitive that runs around with their hair on fire. Calling the police because a package for someone else showed up at your door seems like that to me.

Oh my, I didn't know I had a cabal.

Like Marilyn

I know enough from your posts.

Then it should be easy for you to cite them here for us to see. I'm waiting......

You are

Must be kind of like how I feel, watching people die needlessly from Covid denial, refusing to get vaccinated, taking hydroxy and ivermectine, etc.

It

No, I didn't know that they were doing that, it sounds illogical. I can see law enforcement tracking the package, letting it be delivered, then arresting the recipient. But taking some seized package and sending it to someone else? WTF? Good luck winning that case in court. And if you think that law enforcement thinks Micky is a drug dealer, I'd suggest you're the one out of touch with reality. It's a misdirected package and it didn't have drugs in it. Try to stick with the facts?

I only read your

Is it a coalition or cabal? Make up your mind. To accuse me of being a Marxist is absurd. What exactly have I posted here that's Marxist? I'm a Reagan conservative. You just can't stand my speaking the truth about what's sadly become of the Republican Party and "conservatism" today. It's all been gutted, destroyed, turned into a psycho cult by Trump. Goldwater, Reagan, Bill Buckley, would not recogize it today. Did you see them running around with their hair on fire, anti-vax, screaming because school children were mandated to be vaccinated?

There you go again, complaining about insults after all the insults you just posted.

What a bunch of maroons!

No problem there. I have no respect for you either, nor for most of the Republican Party or those that call themselves conservatives, but are just part of a psycho mob, that changes on the fly. Like no problems, no complaining about the vaccines when Trump was taking credit for them back in November. He held his vaccine summit at the WH, took credit for Operation Warpspeed, like he did it all himself, we didn't see you or any of the Republicans complaining about that, not one peep. But now the crazy Republicans claim that the vaccines are not only not effective, but killing people. Give us a break. And that's just one example of the total disconnect from reality.

That's special coming at the end of a post where you hurled one insult after another.

Reply to
trader_4

Is the cabal meeting still on for 8PM tonight?

Reply to
trader_4

No...it will need to be rescheduled. There's a conflict with the coalition meeting.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

!! It's 10:30. I wish you'd posted this earlier.

Thank goodness. Don't you have an email list so I don't have to wait until trader happens to ask?

Reply to
micky

It's cheaper than processing the return.

Reply to
LegionX

A few years ago I ordered a mail box and post from HD. Came in two packages, one with mail box and other with a grill mat. Then I got the post along with a toilet seat. I had not paid for seat or mat and it was like pulling teeth to return the unordered items. I should have kept them and maybe returned for the money.

Might mention here that people will send free stuff from Amazon just to get a favorable review from the recipient on Amazon as a certified purchaser.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You can just keep it.

39 U.S. Code § 3009 says unordered merchandise- except that sent by a charitable organization- which you receive by mail may be considered an outright gift and you may keep it. You are under no obligation to return it.

Not sure of the law if it's delivered by UPS/FedEx/Amazon, etc.

Reply to
Wade Garrett