Cooling Paint

This article discusses white paint. It's supposed to make air conditioning unnecessary in some areas. I didn't see anything in the article about how hard it would be on human eyes on a bright summer day.

OR

Dean Hoffman

Yeah there's that. But what's the deal with ~ black car interiors ! Uugghh ! ... black vinyl seats on lawn tractors ! < Deere knows better >

It doesn't need to be pure white to prevent 3rd degree burns .. ... a nice beige maybe ? .. we had a '77 Cutlass with a very nice 2 tone green interior ... And you need to be careful when using your snazzy black-chrome socket set if you're working in your driveway on a sunny day. I don't get it. John T.

Reply to
hubops

In 'Giants of the Earth' Per Hansa whitewashes the inside of the cabin, thinking it will cheer up his wife Beret. Beret is mentally very fragile and not cut out for life on the frontier.

Since it's winter in the Dakotas and the only thing that wasn't white was the inside of the cabin that drives her closer to the brink.

Reply to
rbowman

From my experience when it's 95 and sunny you'd best approach any wrench carefully to say nothing of whatever you're trying to work on.

I wonder if I can get a pink saddle for the Harley and matching pink jacket? I've got a ballistic mesh jacket for summers that's great if you're moving but it sucks when sitting at a stop light soaking up the rays.

Reply to
rbowman

Motorcycle seats are black too. The seat and dash on the little Massey tractor my brother and I just bought are black. The dash being dark colored makes sense.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Oh, come on. Man up!

My first car had metal emblems right in the middle of the seat backs. Hop in shirtless on a summer day and you'd brand yourself.

My girlfriend kept a blanket in the car for those days when she wore a halter top or bathing suit. I'd drape it over the seatback before she got in.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson