finishing and aging cherry

I'm making a small box using cherry and have two questions.

  1. If I finish with Danish Oil and them dont like it can I spray on a lacquer finish after several days.

  1. Will either or both finishes interfere with the natural aging (darkening ) of the cherry. This is my first experience working with cherry.

Reply to
Dennis Arenson

The oil most definately will not delay the natural darkening. I prefer a wax (watco) over the oil finish, maybe you'd consider trying that on a sample piece? It really brings out the grain, and for a box it's not like you need to be particularly tough of a finish. Worth trying to see if you like it.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

yes, no

Reply to
MikeG

Thanks guys. The box if proceeding nicely with your advice. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Arenson