finger plane

Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes. A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA Rick

Reply to
Rick Stein

Upscale

ago, but a friend has them now. Pretty little tools and very effective on smaller scale work.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Three sources:

?c=2&p=32680&cat=1,41182Google "luthier plane" and you should find others.

Reply to
J. Clarke

RicodJour

"Rick Stein" wrote

An item used by luthiers/acoustic instruments makers, so you should be able to find them from those who supply that trade.

Reply to
Swingman

Luthier's Mercantile in Santa Rosa CA has 'em:

Reply to
Steve

Woodcraft carries several models of LN "luthier" planes.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I would try Lee Valley, Maybe Constanties or look on ebay..

Randy

randyswoodshoop

Rick

Reply to
Rick Stein

Harbor Freight has some on sale right now...

DejaVoodoo

planes that came in a wooden box. I bought the sets for ~$10 a pop and I was selling them on eBay and getting $40.

RicodJour

Look at this web site

It has deal products on this topic.

Reply to