Lee Valley/Veritas bullnose Shoulder Plane

This plane has been out a couple of months now. It looks like it could be a very useful addition to my hand planes.

Has anyone bought one and can comment on it? I have the Veritas medium shoulder plane and it has been a gem. Great for tuning mortise and tenons. Also have the low angle block. Great for tuning drawers and such. I can see where this bullnose can get into small places and allow you to trim close on the side as well as in the front. If anyone has an assortment of planes and can review with me the usefulness of adding one of these, please do.

Reply to
Eric Anderson

Eric, I've got one, it's a beauty. I used it yesterday to trim the faces of some through tenons after a glue-up (the low angle block wouldn't fit.) But it sounds like you already know the advantages of the plane. It has a great weight, it's comfortable to hold, and they've made it really easy to convert to chisel plane and back without having to readjust. The build quality seems to be about the same as the other Veritas planes, excellent! Denny

Reply to
Denny

Thanks Denny,

I was hoping that that was the case. If I had gotten a negative answer, I would have been in trouble because I see that my wife has already ordered me one for father's day.

Reply to
Eric Anderson