What for Christmas? Large shoulder or spoke shaves

I have not seen too many reviews of the Veritas Large Shoulder plane. I have the medium shoulder plane and the bullnose from Veritas. Love the shoulder plane, have not effectively used the bullnose yet. Because of that, I am looking for opinions of which to ask for: The large shoulder plane or a set of the new Veritas spokeshaves. I have a spokeshave that I use on occasion. I am always using the medium shoulder plane, but there are times I "think" I would like to have the mass and size of a larger one. However, the spokeshaves would add some versatility that I don't have right now. What say you?

Reply to
Eric Anderson

They're totally different tools. What do YOU have the most use for?

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

On 4 Dec 2004 05:26:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Eric Anderson) calmly ranted:

Get a spokeshave kit from Ron Hock and build your own. I bought one from Spokeshave eons ago and made one out of purkleheartless.

I believe that our own Conan The Librarian reviewed the Veritas low-angle spokeshave here last year. DAGS for it. They've fixed the glitch in the advanced search programming for Google Groups Beta now. I saw to that personally. ;)

an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques