Finger Joints

I there an easy way to set the bit and router to get matching joints?

I use the trail and error method and it is a pain?

Any help is appreciated.

al deady

Reply to
al.deady

Hi Al,

Check

google "box joint jig" to find some pages with even better descriptions.

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

If you have a router table, use a sheet of hardboard, melamine, smooth ply, etc to serve as a spacer. The trick is have the proper thickness. Label this piece "For Finger Joint Gauge" and use it for future painless matching joints.

Reply to
Phisherman