Festool, what kinda deal is that?

I'm waiting for the Festool truck ... with 6' bed that pulls out to 8', built-in dust extractor, MFT, and fPadPhonePod.

Reply to
Swingman

I'll wait for the 10% off $128,000.00... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:33:05 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

You'd think they were designed and built by a Brit, maybe Lucas, eh?

VWs have never darkened my driveway, literally or otherwise. ;)

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 07:39:30 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

It's also cold, hard, and much more dangerous. Fall on the carpet and you get a bump. Fall on tile and you can break bones or crack skulls and die much more easily. If you go barefoot, it's hard on the feet as well as being very cold (unless you spend $10k on radiant flooring.)

Methinks we're a full 180 apart on this one.

Sorry, Charlie. Carpets don't stink, PETS DO. If you have children (or other pets) lying on the carpet (and leaking) all day for years, you'll have odors to deal with.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mentioned everything but the ......................Sync.

Max (Got it in two vehicles)

Reply to
Max

"Leon" wrote

Ah! Another believer!

Max

Reply to
Max

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Cold? We have a difficult time getting cold here in El Paso. We *Love* cold.

It's not as easy to trip and fall on tile as it is on carpet.

Barefoot. Ah........the coolness of a tile floor. .........exhilarating. But Mama don't allow no bare feet here.

Methinks you're right.

Max

Reply to
Max

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:07:31 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

Let me ask you pet owners a question: Why do you let your animals go without showers/baths for weeks when you wouldn't let yourself, mate, or kids do the same? And then why do you complain when the carpets stink? I don't get it.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:17:07 -0600, the infamous "Max" scrawled the following:

In the _winter_? Suuuure you do, Max.

But let the dog drool a bit and you slip and fall on tile. Ouch!

She prefers slippery socks?

Then you're with me? Together, we can get those cold and dangerous tile floors banned! ;)

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sounds like my Sterling. Only British auto I will ever own.

Had an uncle who was into Audi's. He enjoyed working on cars though, so I guess they provided him with more opportunity to do so than other brands would have.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

... snip

I'm wit' you on that one Larry. I don't like cold floors. Our bathroom has tile around the shower area and we've got throw rugs all over to make a warm path to the appropriate places. Tile lasts well, cleans well, but then so would bare concrete and both are equally comfortable to feet.

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Around here, the cat is self-cleaning. Since the dog isn't, she lives outside.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Let me clarify that, I no longer own it and it is the last British vehicle I ever want to own. Fun car, piece o' crap to maintain.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Cats are self cleaning. I have five of them.

Reply to
CW

all 6 of my cats get biweekly showers when the temps are above 70. swmbo and i set up a production line. one washs, rinses, hands off to the next for drying. repeat.

it cuts down on shedding dramatically.

they don't like the hair dryer tho. damhikt.

Reply to
chaniarts

They don't like the clothes dryer, either. The stupid kitten looked like it was drunk for a week.

Reply to
keithw86

That is what I thought you meant to say. ;~) Who'da thunk the Brits could have f'ed up a Honda/Acura.

Reply to
Leon

I'll have to say that I stumbled on the carpet more than I have the smooth tile.

New carpets don't stink but even with out pets and kids you bring in outside "unmentionables" on your feet daily and that sinks in deep. It is unbelievable what is under a 10 year old carpet.

Reply to
Leon

Showers eh? My cat would rip me to shreds if I tried that. Much easier to use a fine toothed comb. When I pull it out, she stretches out and purrs up a storm.

Reply to
Upscale

Kinda like Angela.......oh, wait.....a comb!

Reply to
Robatoy